We are very pleased to announce that the Museum Otto Weidt's Workshop for the Blind is open again.
Please observe the following requirements during your visit:
- Visits to the Museum Otto Weidt's Workshop for the Blind are possible without prior registration.
- If you have had contact to anyone infected with COVID-19 in the past 14 days or have an infection of the upper airways yourself, we must ask you to refrain from visiting the museum.
- Please disinfect your hands when entering the building.
- Visitors must wear a medical mask or an FFP2 mask covering their mouth and nose.
- Please keep a distance of at least 1.5 meters.
- Please observe the general distancing and hygiene rules for avoiding corona (SARS-CoV-2) infections.
- Please register at the information desk on the 1st floor before visiting our exhibition.
- Only a limited number of visitors are allowed access to the Museum Otto Weidt's Workshop for the Blind at one time.
- You can view all exhibition rooms, but please avoid forming groups.
- For hygiene reasons, please only operate the media stations in the exhibition using a stylus pen (available at reception). Please return the stylus pen at the end of your visit. Thank you!
- Until further notice, the Museum Otto Weidt's Workshop for the Blind closes at 6 p.m.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to your visit.
Guided tours around the exhibition are free and can be arranged in German, English, French, Italian and Hebrew, for groups of 8 persons minimum.
Tours last approximately 60 minutes and are recommended from age 10 and up.
The tours can be extended by a tour of the Spandauer Vorstadt area, where there are a number of historical traces directly linked to the history of the Workshop for the Blind.
Audio guides are available in German, English, French, Italian, Spanish and Hebrew. The exhibition texts are in German, English and Braille (German).
Educational events are subject to the current access and hygiene regulations. We will provide important current information for booked events in good time for your visit.
For enquiries on guided tours, please contact: